Respecting your privacy is fundamental to this platform
- Account Information
- To create an account, you must provide a username, email, and password. Your username is public, and generally it should not be related to your real name. We also store your user account preferences and settings.
- Actions you Take
- We collect information about the actions you take when using the Services. This includes your interactions with content, like voting, bookmarking, and answering polls.
- Other Information
- You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a contact us form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
- Log and usage data
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include an identity linked to your account, pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, referral URLs, and any search terms.
We do NOT store your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, device information, or location information. We do NOT attempt to fingerprint your browser.
- Information collected from cookies and similar technologies
- We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information or the 'Remember Me' feature on the Sign In page. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see Your Choices below.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Research and develop new services;
- Help protect the safety of our users. This includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the pigskin.news user agreement and our other policies;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see Your Choices below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
Users in the European Economic Area have the right to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of their personal data; to data portability in certain circumstances; to request restriction of processing; to object to processing; and to withdraw consent for processing where they have previously provided consent. These rights can be exercised using the information provided under Your Choices section or as described in the Consumer Information Requests section below. EEA users also have the right to lodge a complaint with their local supervisory authority.
As required by applicable law, we collect and process information about individuals in the EEA only where we have legal bases for doing so. Our legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. We process your information on the following legal bases:
- You have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose;
- We need to process the information to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security, enforcing our rules and policies, protecting our legal rights and interests, research and development, and marketing and promoting the Services;
- We need to process your information to comply with our legal obligations.
We may partner with third-party advertisers and ad networks to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services.
After clicking an ad, users will be directed to third party websites, applications and other services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, your location, or other information about your computer or device.
We do NOT share your information with third parties unless:
- Compelled to do so by law;
- Or, if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- Or, to enforce our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
You can request a copy of the personal information pigskin.news maintains about you by following the process to request your personal information.
You may delete your account information at any time from the Account Settings page. See our Help Center page for more information. You can also submit a request to delete the personal information pigskin.news maintains about you by following the process to request your personal information.
Please note, Actions You Take prior to deleting your account will still count unless you first delete the specific vote, bookmark, or answer. We reserve the right to remove submissions from deleted Accounts.
We may also retain certain information about you as required by law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal.
We offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
Requests for a copy of the information pigskin.news has about your account—including EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) data subject access requests and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) consumer information requests—can be submitted following the ‘Privacy’ link on the Account > Settings screen.
Before we process a request from you about your personal information, we need to verify the request via your access to your pigskin.news account and a verified email address associated with your pigskin.news account.
pigskin.news does not discriminate against users for exercising their rights under data protection laws to make requests regarding their personal information.
Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services. Additionally, if you are in the European Economic Area, you must be over the age required by the laws of your country to create an account or otherwise use the Services.